Get a $10.00 Music Credit at eMusic.com!

4/13/09

The Dead Kickoff Spring Tour - Greensboro Coliseum

The Dead kicked off their 2009 Spring Tour Easter Night, April 12th, at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, NC. So far I have not been able to find the show on bt.etree.org but I'm sure it will be up later on for download. At which time I'll be certain to grab it and give it a listen and offer my review for what it's worth. In the mean time here's the setlist:

Set 1:
The Music Never Stopped, Jack Straw, Estimated Prophet > He's Gone, Touch of Grey, I Need A Miracle > Truckin'

Set 2:
Shakedown Street > All Along The Watchtower > Caution (Do Not Stop On The Tracks) > drums > space > Cosmic Charlie >New Potato Caboose > Help On The Way> Slipknot> Franklin's Tower, E: Samson and Delilah

The Dead: Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Warren Haynes, Jeff Chimenti

Pretty nice looking setlist for the opener of The Dead Spring tour. Looks like the Deadheads down South had a very nice Easter show. The only surprise for me was that Phil Lesh didn't do Tom Thumbs Blues, his usual Easter Sunday song with The Grateful Dead. I fully expected that to be on the setlist.

Here's some practice session stuff taken from Dead.net


Video directed by Justin Kreutzmann produced by Jay Blakesberg

If any of you kiddies out there were at this show please leave a comment about your experience. I'd love to hear what you thought. Thanks...Check back throughout the tour for my musings on The Dead 2009 Spring Tour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the most amazing Dead shows I have seen! It was hard to believe this show was opening night. The sound kind of reminded me of mid to late 80's with tons of the classic Dead. I felt like I had traveled in time. Went with a person who had never seen the band live. I would have been thrilled if this had been my first show! Nobody left this one disappointed!